At 50,000feet, a Senior Designer serves as an integral member of our creative team, working in a dynamic environment that requires collaborative, creative and original thinking. This individual primarily reports to the Creative Director and is responsible for visual concepting, design and production of print and digital communications. Our ideal candidate will bring strong conceptual and design skills, a solid foundation in brand, identity, typography, art and photo direction, and an awareness of and interest in contemporary design trends. Our brand engagements provide Senior Designers with the opportunity to blend strategic conceptual thinking and detailed design execution with a deep knowledge of our clients’ businesses.
- Understand client objectives, synthesize information and ideate, concept and execute ideas that meet business, marketing and communications requirements.
- Design and produce brand communications, identity programs, communications systems, websites and user interfaces.
- Collaborate on multidisciplinary teams, working with designers, writers and account managers, as well as strategists, information architects, user experience designers and front-end developers.
- Assist in the development of brand ecosystems, demonstrating systemic thinking, versatility and expertise across media/media application.
- Articulate cohesive and persuasive rationales for creative approaches.
- Monitor own work and support the review of team contributions to ensure quality.
- Construct creative presentations to communicate ideas, solutions and systems to clients.
- Participate in internal and external design reviews, with the ability to articulate and exchange ideas about concepts and design decisions.
- Take ownership of project-based assignments within an account.
- Work on multiple projects and tasks of varying complexities for a range of clients.
- Co-manage freelancers and vendors (i.e., project requirements, deliverables, budgets and schedules).
- 4–7 years of design or creative agency experience.
- Firm understanding and grasp of the creative process, design applications and design tools.
- Strong conceptual and design skills for digital and print brand engagements.
- Experience in branding and design execution across digital and print media.
- Solid understanding of client objectives and project deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proactive, collaborative and team-oriented.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud (at a minimum InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Knowledge and application of best practices in UI design.
- Familiarity with motion and interactive design is a plus, including working knowledge of After Effects, Adobe XD and Sketch.
This position is full-time and located in Chicago.
To apply for this position, send your resume to [email protected]. Please include the title of the position in the subject field of your email.